Monday, July 7, 2008

Highlands Dirt Pipe 6/20

I'm a little behind on this one--three weekends ago I journeyed to the Highlands, a mountain bike mountain with lift access and tons of jumps and berms and whatnot for mountain bike enthusiasts to play around on. We were setting up for Matchstick Productions' shoot of Aaron Chase and co on the new Red Bull dirtpipe. For the mountain bikers, it was dirt-digging, step-downing, bike-riding fun, for me and Matt it was more rain-pouring, exacto-knife-cutting, brand-wielding intensity. I had a good time, despite the mental exhaustion and gnarly mosquitos. And I got to tool around the resort on one of the 50s, which was the best thing ever. I found a natual kicker on the side of the road and got pretty rad. It was awesome.

This picture, that I stole from a mountain biking wesbite (thank you Christopher Vanderyajt), is probably from around 11pm when Matt, Jenner and myself were attempting to set up the Red Bull logo on the front of the step down pictured. I'm not sure what I'm holding in the picture, but probably a lot of duct tape or something else that I'm wearily trying to figure out, while all of the mountain bikers around me are pounding Coors Light and airing over my head into the pipe. Long night, but considering this is what I classify as work, I was stoked to be there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MAR....hello....i have a few more shots of you from that night...if you want them they are all yours....


Christopher Vanderyajt