Friday, July 11, 2008

Burlington's New Vice


I had to steal these photos from facebook (thank you, Liam, for not only putting on bike polo but for the use of the photos), but this is my friend, Scott. He's a natual at bike polo. photo: Liam Griffin

This is the next big thing in Burlington. I know this because it has a facebook group with more members than most people have friends, and now on Wednesday nights instead of people waiting around to go to JP's for karaoke night, they're down at the waterfront biking around in circles together. Honestly, that's a better option in my mind because no one's singing that annoying 80's song with the lyrics "I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha...."


Bike polo groupies. I figured I could steal this one because I'm in it. photo: Liam Griffin

I tried it this past week and boy was I awful. I crashed into Joel twice, not on purpose, and got a rip in my shorts. And I wasn't riding a fixed gear and I had brakes. Score: bike polo 1, Mary o. I'm taking a week off while I snowboard in Oregon, but I'll be back after to let my team down by being the weakest member again next week.

No comments: