Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Darkside Killington's End of Summer Kick Off



I've definitely entered a new epoch in my life. Maybe that's too strong a word, but either way, things have changed. A few years ago, at the mention of a spoonful of snow on a patch of grass with a janky, homemade box I was pulling on snowpants; I followed early season jib parties like a New England liberal arts college student follows Phish reunion concerts. And it was awesome. I got bruisey, muddy, and tired and had a great time. But now, I've entered into my mid-twenties and I've found a much more exciting way to enjoy early-season sessions: spectating. Watching gives you the chance to witness the carnage of too little snow, sticky boxes and muddy landings first hand, while eating some snacks, hanging out, and acting like you're too cool to actually snowboard before there's actual snow on the ground. It's ideal, really. Getting older is awesome.

So it is with that in mind that I hung out at Darkside Killington's end of summer sale/rail jam. It was a beautiful day out, the grill was cooking dogs and I even snagged a warm beer from a friend to wash it all down with. Kids had come from all over Vermont to get an early taste of winter and while they jibbed their young brains out, everyone else, myself included, had a great time hanging out. It's always nice to get a little snowboard in your summer day, and it was great Darkside brought the shred that day. They always throw a good party. Thanks so much to everyone at Darkside Killington for hosting the rail jam and bbq.





No comments: